God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.
Welcome New Students
What you need to know for your first class
The teacher is always available after the class if you have questions. Meanwhile, the following hints may help you:
- Please try to arrive at your first class approximately 20 - 30 minutes before class starts. This allows you to be familiarised with the studio and get relaxed before the class begins.
- Please let the teacher know of any injuries or conditions, whatever they might be, so that we can discuss any modifications that may be needed.
- Try not to eat two hours before the class, as it may make you feel sick during practice. Similarly, do not go more than 4 hours without food as you will burn a lot of calories during class, and the drop in your blood sugar levels caused by not eating will make you feel nauseated.
- Please remove your shoes downstairs in the seating area before going into both the studio and the rest of the building. If you have a verruca please cover it up.
- Just experience your first few classes, pace yourself, enjoy it and sit down if you need to.You may take 3-4 classes to acclimate to the heat.
- Please get changed in the changing rooms and leave your bags there. You may bring your valuables, towel and water with you into the studio.
- Please turn off mobile phones.
- Most new students go to the back of the room as this enables them to observe the more experienced students at the front.
- Make sure you can see yourself in the mirror as it's important that you see your alignment. Try not to stand directly in front of anyone. The teacher will assist you and make sure that you try all the postures the right way. The first class is always the worst.
- Try to stay in the room. This is your only aim and can be quite a challenge. If you are in the room the teacher can take care of you. If for any reason you need to leave the room, please do so between postures so as not to distract other students, and always let the teacher know.
- Drink plenty of water, small sips are best, just to moisten the mouth. No coloured drinks or glass bottles in the studio please.
- Try to stand still in between postures. This may be difficult at first, but try to develop this discipline to conserve your energy for the postures.
- At the end of each class, take your hired mat to the ballet bars and hang it up then leave the room quietly in consideration of other students.
Do you have questions?
Please Contact Us at 01273 420 279!
Are you just beginning your yoga practice. Fill out our prospect form if you're still not sure.
Visit our FAQs page for help with any questions you might have about Bikram Yoga.
"In the entire history of the universe, let alone in your own history, there has never been another day just like today, and there will never be another just like it again. Today is the point to which all your yesterdays have been leading since the hour of your birth. It is the point from which all your tomorrows will proceed until the hour of your death. If you were aware of how precious today is, you could hardly live through it. Unless you are aware of how precious it is, you can hardly be said to be living at all."
My name is Annie Clark, if you need further information, please call me any morning on 01273-420279.
My name is Chantelle Darby, if you need further information please call me any evening on 01273-420279.
£36 for 30 Days Introductory Offer
Buy our Introductory Offer online now and feel the heat, look younger, feel fitter!
This special introductory offer is only available on your first visit to Bikram Yoga Brighton.
Instructions on how to buy your introductory package online.
- Press the £36 for 30 days introductory offer button at the top of the page.
- This takes you straight to the shopping cart, where your £36 for 30 day package is ready to buy
- Click the checkout button
- You are now prompted to log in either as a new client or been here before.
- As a new client put in you’re first and last name as requested and press next.
- Now create your account with all your personal details
- Fill in all fields, you can even add a family member here
- Click create account
- You are then taken back to your shopping cart
- Enter your billing information and contact email
- Then place your order
- This same system applies for any package that you want to buy.
- Please make sure that you write down your password. From now on you will sign into your account with your email address and password. You can book your self into class, by pressing the class’s tab at the top of the page and then signing in to which ever class you would like.
Use the help button on the tabs at the top of the page for any issues that still confuse you.